Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yakety Trax (Out and Back)

You know what I love about running? It's such an easy sport to come home, grab your stuff, and go! Here's a list of the things that went with me on my run today. (In order of appearance)


  • Undies
  • Heart Rate Monitor strap
  • Short sleeve shirt
  • Socks
  • Tights
  • Long sleeve shirt
  • Track pants
  • Long sleeve shirt with collar and thumb holes
  • Winter hat
  • Running jacket w/hood
  • Shoes
  • Reflective vest
  • Head lamp
  • Blinky light for my back
  • Watch
  • 3 8-oz water bottles
  • 3 gels
  • Baggie to hold gel wrappers
  • Gloves
  • Mitten shells to go over gloves
  • House key
  • Yaktrax


See, it's amazingly simple! I didn't take my iPod, mainly because I was so tired of grabbing stuff to take with me.

Today was a 95 minute run that ended up being through about 1-4 inches of snow. I think it should count as a strength workout as well, because that much extra resistance really puts a hurting on the quads, and especially on the ankles from the bad footing. Tomorrow may not be pretty, but today I was happy with my effort. Best 10:28s I've ever run!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

ha! I used to count walking the dog in the snow as a cardio and strength workout, too. :-)

Andrea said...

Tell me about it! Seriously that is way too much stuff to take with you on a run.

If you wore a sports bra, you could just unzip your jacket and stuff the gel wrappers down your bra...that's what I do. But alas, God has given you the lesser gene. :)

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Damn---at least you won't go cold or hungry!