Monday, January 12, 2009

Tri Wars

Last night, I had a ride on the trainer for two and a half hours. After that, I had to get on the treadmill for another 25 minutes. Lately, I've been timing my long workouts to be during sporting events, so I have something to distract me. Sunday night at 8:00 PM? No interesting sporting events that I could find.

Spike TV to the rescue! They were showing the original Star Wars trilogy, which is probably my favorite series of movies (minus the revisionist scenes they stuck in after the new movies...grr...but I digress). I tuned in around the middle of The Empire Strikes Back, and by the time Meredith and I were drinking our recovery hot chocolates (well, mine was for recovery, hers was just for the sake of hot chocolate), the rebels were assaulting the second Death Star.

So, in honor of last night's training sessions, here are the top 10 Star Wars quotes to use in your triathlon training and races:

10. Would it help if I got out and pushed?
9. We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.
8. Well why don't you outrun them? I thought you said this thing was fast?
7. How do you get so big eating food of this kind?
6. Rest I need. Yes. Rest.
5. The told me they fixed it! I trusted them to fix it! It's not my fault!
4. Watch your mouth kid, or you're gonna find yourself floating home.
3. You have your moments. Not many of them, but you do have them.
2. Do...or do not. There is no try.
1. One thing's for sure, we're all gonna be a lot thinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Du or not du. There is no tri.