Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I'm An Omelet

Er...an anomaly. Sorry, the stomach got excited and took over the fingers for a second.

Swimmers, I need your help. I always knew I had a poor kick, but I never quite realized just how bad it was until yesterday. Or, at least, I think so.

Here's the test to try for me:
25m with a kickboard. Not "all-out" gasping for air at the end, but a nice solid effort.
25m of one-arm swimming. NO KICK AT ALL.

I clock in around 40 seconds for the kick, and 30 seconds for the one-arm swimming. My mind says this can't be normal, but I need a better sample size. Give it a try, and let me know which is faster for you!

2 comments:

Formulaic said...

Speaking from the side of my ass (i haven't actually timed myself), but it seems to me that your times make sense.

I am faster and smoother with one arm than I am with both legs.

I am always gassed after kicks but I feel fluid with one arms (if slightly stupid).

Of course, I am not a swimmer, so not sure this should count in you official sample.

Molly said...

I'm faster with one arm too. I'm having to do a lot of kicking and one-arm drills to work on my swimming. I actually LIKE the one-arm swimming!