Wednesday, February 25, 2009

T-Minus 4 Months

Really a few days shorter, since I'm late with the update. That number keeps shrinking! Now we're into month counts I'm more used to from marathon training.

Biggest Challenge This Month:

The fact that neither Meredith nor I can stay healthy! We were doing great until this winter, and now all of a sudden it seems like one or the other of us is sick. Right now, it's me. We're crossing our fingers that it stays that way until after Meredith's race this weekend.

Biggest Success This Month:

Racing! Not only did I take my first top 10 overall spot at a race (8th at Last Chance 10K), I took my second as well! (6th at Lifetime Indoor Tri) Kind of crazy how far things have come since last spring. It's a big mental transition for me to think about pushing myself farther than a comfortable pace; up till now, I've just worried about finishing. I still don't really think much about "how do I compare to others" during the race, but I'm starting to concentrate on being the best I can be on that day.

How I Feel About Training:

When I'm healthy, really good! It was great to actually get to see some results, and know that all these hours are paying off. I'm a little intimidated by breaking 4 hours on a trainer, but I suppose it's only 30 minutes more than I've done to this point.

How I Feel About The Race:

A little more confident than before. The part that still scares me the most are all the hills, since I don't have a lot of experience on them. When the weather breaks, I think it'll be time to find some of the few we have in central Ohio and get to know them intimately. :)

What's Next?

Still need to find a half in the spring. Other than that, no races planned at this point. I was originally going to do the second indoor tri in town here, but I think we'll be out of town. No big deal, as I got the first one in.

4 Months Out Theme Song:

Well, I couldn't come up with anything great, so this one's a bit of a stretch. But I think it might need to go on my iPod. :)

No comments: