Friday, March 06, 2009

Movie Quote Game!

Well, this has been floating around Facebook and Meredith's blog, so I figure it's time for me to play the game. I'll list 20 quotes from some of my favorite movies. Meredith and I decided it should be movies that you'd leave on the TV if you noticed they were on, and with at least one quote you could recite from memory. (Thus eliminating some favorites like Memento or Schindler's List) There are some pretty obscure ones, some really famous ones, and a lot from my childhood.

Your job is to comment and match the name of the movie to the numbers you know! I put them in roughly what I think is the order of difficulty. :)

So, without further ado:

1. "Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?"
Raiders Of The Lost Ark

2. "Well, that is your name, isn't it? Calvin Klein? It's written all over your underwear."
Back To The Future

3. "There was Dallas, from Phoenix; Cleveland - he was from Detroit; and Tex... well, I don't remember where Tex come from. "
Forrest Gump

4. "It's a trap!"
Return Of The Jedi / The Empire Strikes Back

5. "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."
Monty Python and the Quest For the Holy Grail

6. "Surely you can't be serious!"
"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."
Airplane!

7. "Sam... I'm glad you're with me."
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

8. "Once again, things that could've been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!"
The Wedding Singer

9. "Have fun storming the castle!"
The Princess Bride

10. "How's your wife and my kids?"

11. "So the combination is... one, two, three, four, five?"

12. "Luuuke... Luuuke! I am your father!"

13. "The game starts now. You have to score one thousand points. If you do that, you take home a tank with a big gun. Each day we will announce the scores from that loudspeaker."
Life Is Beautiful

14. "Necktie...Neckturn...Nickel...It's an 'N' word, it's definitely an 'N' word!"

15. "Spatula City, we sell spatulas...And that's all!"
UHF

16. "Communism was just a red herring."
Clue

17. "EASTMAN! He came from the east, to do battle with the amazing RANDO!"

18. "What is that?"
"One grain of sand. It is all that remains of my vast empire."
The Neverending Story

19. "Hey! Hold it right there!"
"Yes."
"What do you mean, 'yes'?"
"Yes."
"Is that all you can say?"
"No."

20. "Tell us everything! Everything!"
"Everything. OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life."
The Goonies

12 comments:

Molly said...

OK, the ones I know.... (typing while riding on trainer, sorry for typos)

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. Back to the Future
3. Forrest Gump
4. Empire Strikes Back
5. Monty Python & Holy Grail
9. Princess Bride
12. Empire Strikes Back
13. Life is Beautiful?
16. Gah I know this and I can't remember!
18. Neverending Story
20. Goonies

Dave said...

Wow, Molly with a strong start!

1,2,3,5,9,13,18, and 20 are correct.

4 wasn't the one I was thinking of, but I'll have to give credit because I forgot it's in that one too.

12 is incorrect, and a bit of a trick question. :)

Molly said...

16! Clue!!!!!

OK I will stop obsessing over these :)

Dave said...

Clue is correct!

Meredith said...

Dave told me I'm not allowed to guess on the ones we've been talking about at home. But two he wasn't talking about it:

#6--Airplane
#15--UHF

Formulaic said...

Way to go Molly!!

6. Airplane(the first one I think)

found it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGSRmemHxlo&feature=related


7. Lord of the rings. I am think the last one (Return of the king??)

Danni said...

7- Lord of the rings the return of the king

Dave said...

Hmm...I'm not sure about Return of the King, but that's not the one I had intended. But it's not really fun to make you guess each one individually, so I'll award partial credit. :)

Airplane and UHF are both correct!

You can either keep your correct answer, or go for what's in the box...nothing! Absolutely nothing! Stupid! You so stupid! :)

Molly said...

I guess this means we have similar taste in movies :)

I can't believe it took me so long to get that Clue one. Our childhood babysitter loved that movie so much, we would watch it 2-3x in one night. Even rewind (the VCR, back then) to watch certain lines repeated over and over.

Michelle said...

I can't believe no one's gotten #8--The Wedding Singer!

Dave said...

Sorry for the delay Michelle, you are, of course, correct. :)

jamieb said...

#12...Tommy Boy...Chris Farley speaking into a desk fan to sound like Darth Vader.