Thursday, June 19, 2008

That's Gonna Leave A Mark

What is the one (okay, two) most important thing to remember on a training run?

Shoes? Well, yeah.
iPod? Nice to have.
Watch? Can do without if needed.

Nope, none of those. These.



Let's just say I went straight from my 90 minute tempo run to the laundry room. You'd think one of these days I'd have the whole checklist of things to remember all in my head. Sigh.



(The return trip. I'm the one in yellow.)

Other than those issues, the run was good. I can tell that I'm not as fast on the run as I am during marathon training, but yesterday was probably the strongest long run I've had this summer so far. It was a 20 minute warmup, 10x (3 min tempo, 2 min recovery), and a 20 minute cooldown. Thanks to going a bit faster than expected, my very last tempo interval came on the only uphill on the return trip. Really had to dig in to get to the end of that one.

I'm getting close to completing another piece of furniture for our house, and I'll be sure to post pics of it when I finish. I had made some desks for our loft, and now I'm making a cabinet to go between them.

In another whole level of training craziness, there might be a major announcement on Monday. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Mary Sunshine said...

A Major Announcement???

I'm wondering if it coincides with open registration for IM CDA???

Meredith said...

He he! Maybe....

Dave said...

I plead the 5th until 3 PM (or so) Monday... :)

:) said...

Yay for intervals!