Thursday, June 26, 2008

IM Lodging Questions + Fencing End Of Season

So, I'm starting to look at lodging options for Coeur D'Alene next year to get an idea of what's out there. It looks like there are a lot of options, but I'm not really sure what direction to go.

Anyone have any advice?

1. Hotel vs. House rental
2. How critical/preferable is it to be in walking distance of the transition area?
3. How long before/after race day do you like to stay?

(I'll add on if I think of anything else)

In other news, fencing season is over for a while. My club had our season-ending tournament last night, and I managed to take home a very shaky third place medal. I fenced 11 pool bouts, winning 9 of the 11. However, there were four 5-4 nail biters in those nine wins. It's sometimes a thin line between a good draw and a rough draw in the elimination round, and last night I managed to just squeak into the former category. With as little spare energy as I have in my legs right now (this being peak week for Muncie), I was quickly dispatched when I hit the first fencer ranked higher than me in the semis. Third was actually a little better than expected with as little as I've been able to make it to practice lately.

2 comments:

Formulaic said...

Dave,

I'll be doing CDA with you come next year!

Momo got a great house this year. Right next to the course, easy for family to slip into an out of during the day.

I don't know how much it cost or anything about it.

http://mommelisa.blogspot.com/


Otherwise, I think that everyone went the Motel 6 route.

I know Wedgie got the Hotel package and coul say enough about it, but I'd imagine it was very $$!

It even came with $75/day credit for hotel services!

http://neoprenewedgie.blogspot.com/

:) said...

I would definitely rent a house if you can swing the cost. That way you can cook what you need/want to eat. Also, you will get much better rest in a house than in a hotel...