Saturday, June 07, 2008

Our Own Little Infomercial + Deer Creek Goals

We went to dinner with Meredith's family last night, and I was sitting next to our nephew, who's 5. During the meal, he asked me why I had a napkin on my lap. I explained that it was in case I spilled food on my pants, and he followed up by asking what would happen if I spilled on my shirt. Well, I explained, I'd have to wash it. His eyes lit up, and he said:

"With Oxy Clean? It gets the tough stains out."

Umm...maybe they've been watching a few too many commercials...


I also thought through my goals for the race tomorrow. I don't know exactly what the transitions are like, but allowing maybe 5 minutes total based on peoples' times last year, here goes:

1. Finish and have fun
2. 45 minute swim, 1:40 bike, 1:00 run, 5 min transition: 3:30 total
3. 40 minute swim, 1:23 bike, 0:53 run, 4 min transition: 3:00 total

No comments: