Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

How are we supposed to swim when it's thunderstorming 24/7?

Meredith got kicked out of the pool at the gym yesterday because of lightning. I had hoped to swim before work yesterday (nope), and then again today (double nope). Instead, I settled for a 45 minute spin on the bike trainer, and will probably have to run indoors as well.

I'm pretty sure this has been the longest tornado watch we've ever been under, too. The weather here hasn't gotten threatening enough to be especially worried, but we've pretty much been under a watch for the last 24 hours.

My nerves are starting to get going for the race this weekend. I'm not too concerned about my place or time, but I'm excited to get out there. I officially own a wetsuit as of yesterday, so I'm set on that front. From looking at the pre-registrations, I think Meredith has a real shot at placing this weekend, so I'll be excited to cheer her on if I see her during the race. There's a much more sizable signup for the men's division, so I'll just do my best and see where things shake out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck!
Michelle