Friday, May 16, 2008

Swim Time Trial 2

Emphasis on trial - I actually managed to get slightly slower since my 1000m time trial a few weeks ago. :(

Honestly, it wasn't a big difference. I finished in 20:07, up from 19:55 last time. 12 seconds over 1000m seems like pretty much the same pace to me, right? It's just the mental side of:

a) Getting slower during training.
b) Going over a big round number.

That's what got to me. Now, for the positives. I choked three times during my swim (should have taken an allergy pill, and we'll just leave it at that). How is that a positive? Well, I had to flip over and kick my way through the rest of the length each time, which probably cost me at least 12 seconds. Take those out, and I might have edged my last time.

The training plan recently hasn't had much swimming, which probably didn't help me either. This month has had each week focusing on one of the events, and I was really sick during swim week, so it's been probably four weeks since I had a solid week of good swimming.

For the weekend, I have another fencing tourney on Sunday. We're also supposed to do a 10K race, but I'm not quite sure if/when I'll do that. I don't really want to do it pre-tournament...but I also know I won't feel like it afterwards. :)

No comments: