Tuesday, May 20, 2008

More Hardware!

So, despite my complete lack of any epee experience, I managed to take home second place in that smaller tournament tonight. (Tempered by the fact that most of the field shared my lack of experience)

I swept my pool except for a loss to my "A" ranked assistant coach, earning myself the 2 seed again, and a first round bye straight to the semifinals. After a close win against the same fencer that knocked me out of the foil tournament semis, I got to face my coach again in the final, and lost 15-4 - better than I thought I'd do.

Lucky for me, the head coach decided on the spot that coaches couldn't get awards, so I ended up taking home the first place trophy, despite my second place finish. It doesn't quite feel justified, but who am I to turn down shiny new hardware? :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats!

you may not feel like first place was justified, but at least now you've got a story to tell behind the trophy.

Anonymous said...

my friend Chris had his "turntable ninja" bio posted! http://www.sbconference.com/2008/index.php?q=node/5

Anonymous said...

YEAH David!
Mom