Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Time Out

Well, a weekend of tough and fun workouts became a weekend of sitting on the couch blowing my nose. I think I'm on the mend now, but it hit me pretty hard.

Yesterday, I did manage to get back on the trainer, even though I skipped the pool workout. (I don't know how to swim if I can't breathe out my nose?) We did a 75 minute ride with 1 minute sprint intervals every 8 minutes. It felt awful and great to be working out again, all at once. Even though I had to stop occasionally for tissues and more often for coughing fits, I dragged myself through it, and managed an average pace of 13.1 mph. My top speed was about 31 mph, though I only held it for a moment.

Also, in a bit of a book review, I'm currently reading "The Making of the Atomic Bomb", by Richard Rhodes. It was a bit tough to get started, but it's absolutely fascinating, and a much better read than you'd expect for a book so heavy on physics. I'm only about halfway done, but based on what I've read so far, I highly recommend it.

No comments: