Monday, June 19, 2006

Unwanted

Today is my first morning with nothing stronger than Advil in my system. Not feeling great, but I think I'm improving slowly and steadily.

So, I drove off to the office, not really looking forward to sitting there all day. When I arrived, I unlocked the front door and let myself in. I put away my lunch in the fridge, and went to my office, only to find it locked. Our offices are never locked, and I don't even have a key to it.

After looking at my coworker's office next door (unlocked, naturally), it looked like a pretty simple mechanism. I tried every card in my wallet that I didn't care about messing up the edges, but I couldn't manage to pick it. So, here I am at home to work rather than having to sit there in the hallway two hours until the person with the keys arrived.

I guess they're not that eager to have me back.

No comments: