Thursday, June 15, 2006

Recovery

Well, things are a little happier now that I'm on my painkiller schedule. Waking up was pretty painful, though I did sleep through the night ok.

Apparently, I was pretty entertaining yesterday when coming down from the anesthesia. I guess I let Meredith know that the assistant for the procedure was Canadian three or four times, and kept insisting, "I'm fine!".

I didn't get the chance to post about it before the appointment, but I ran in the "Run For The Rainbow" 5k in New Albany on Tuesday. I missed out on a personal best by about 30 seconds, but having just started training again, I was pretty happy. It certainly wasn't for lack of effort - it was probably the hardest I've run in a 5k, but my body just wouldn't quite let me sprint in the last couple hundred yards.

No comments: