Saturday, October 25, 2008

Everyone Knows It's Windy

Except me. I went out for a ride today, and was feeling really good for the first 30 minutes or so. I felt like I was cruising pretty easily, and keeping a good pace.

Then I turned.

Roads that last week were an easy 17-18 mph became 10-11 today. It was all I could do to keep my cadence over 90, like my coach asked me to do. I guess I should have known that the first couple roads were too good to be true.

The other part of the prescribed ride, though? The important part? I did just fine, thank you very much.



On the way home, I was spinning my way along, and passed a guy on a mountain bike wearing a backpack. I didn't think anything of it until a minute later, when he passed me back, pedaling furiously! I'm self confident enough that I didn't feel any need to race him, despite his obvious attempt at it.

But...I did anyway. One big gear later, and he was nowhere to be seen by the next stoplight. :)

2 comments:

BreeWee said...

Ha ha, Liz is DEFINITELY your coach! I bet she loves that photo of your nutrition plan!

Formulaic said...

Nice pic! That should be the picture of Liz's blog! Sums it up perfectly