Friday, October 03, 2008

Belated Beginning Report

I really hope getting back to training keeps me healthy. Ever since Muncie, I haven't been able to make it more than a few weeks without problems.

I'm now working with a coach, Elizabeth (Fedofsky) Waterstraat, who's a pro triathlete based out of Chicago. Very excited to see what her training can push me to accomplish!

On Monday, Ironman training kicked off with a 2200m swim. Close to a mile and a half for the first workout, eh? I was a little worried since I hadn't been in the pool for a while, but it actually went pretty well. Even then, I was starting to feel a little sick, and my stamina tapered off before I finished, but finishing wasn't any problem.

The problem came the next morning, when I woke up with a massive cold, which (as always) turned into sinus issues. Sigh. So, I've been laid up with that until yesterday, and I think today I can finally get back to my plan.

Coeur D'Alene, here I come. Take two.

1 comment:

Mer! said...

Hey Dave!! So sorry you've hit a bump in your training with your knees and cold!!

You know, I just switched running shoes for the first time in like six years....last year I was plagued by plantar fasciitis and IT band issues and patellar femoral syndrome...but I thought it was mileage, not sneakers. Wrong. I switched from Mizunos to Saucony's, and i'm still trying to figure out what I like....but, so far, no knee pain with either Saucony or Nike, so that is good!! Progress!

Good luck, you'll do awesome!!! You've got plenty of time..trust me!