Monday, July 21, 2008

Help Me, Bob the Builder!

On Saturday, I was working on our photobooth, and had to go to Home Depot for some wood. I got my 1x2s, came home, did a couple test runs on scrap, and got ready for my real cuts.

I measured twice.

I cut once.

I put it all together, and it didn't fit. Why not? Because I apparently needed to do the math three times first.

So I had to take the walk of shame back to Home Depot. (Fortunately, it's maybe half a mile from our house)

Yes, you just saw me.

Yes, I'm buying more of what I just came in for 15 minutes ago.

*sigh*


I haven't done any training of significance since the race, but I think it's about time to get back in the saddle. My knees are feeling much better, I'm walking like a normal person again, and I'd like to find maybe one more race to do this summer. I'm thinking olympic distance, but haven't ruled out another half completely.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ah, sounds like my kind of project. (As in, not getting it quite right the first time!) Oh well!