Friday, March 21, 2008

*click*

Training is so strange sometimes.

Two days after my disaster of a swim, something clicked, and today's swim (albeit shorter) was great. I did the last 400 in one stretch, and felt like I could have kept going. My concentration today was on my front arm position and my head position. By not ducking my head, I felt like air was more readily available when I needed it. I also kept my front arm at a shallower angle, which seemed to keep me from submarining after a breath.

I was even relaxed enough to breathe bilaterally today, though my left side is still almost a 90° body rotation.

In other news, the 24/7 Elton John song rotation in the pool area during the morning seems to be no more; today I heard Colbie Caillat and Sara Bareilles. For the first couple weeks of training, literally every song was Elton John. I'll probably be humming "Bennie and the Jets" all through the swim at Muncie.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Da, da, da, Davie's in the pool. Davie! Davie! Davie's in the pooool. :)

Unknown said...

your pool has music?

i would totally have them play stuff from sigur ros. their music makes me think i'm under water. at least the one song they did for the submarine scene in "life aquatic"

seriously, though. yay for the click!

Dave said...

Yeah, from the little I've heard from Sigur Ros, it would probably be pretty good relaxing swimming music.

They just have speakers in the...um...natatorium, I guess. You can't really hear it much, except when you breathe or take a break, which in my case means I hear quite a bit.

And thanks, Meredith, now I'll have that running through my head instead. Hehe! :)