Friday, September 07, 2007

Of Kermits and Keltrafs

One of my favorite shows to watch when I was growing up was the Muppet Show. I had a tape of some of the best sketches that I would watch quite often. Yesterday I was poking around the web and found a song I hadn't seen before. I thought you all might enjoy it as well.




Yesterday afternoon brought a very difficult 5 mile run. Not so much because it was tough on its own, but more because of the combined effect of the half marathon and sprints this week. My legs felt like lead weights. So, I coined a new term.

A fartlek run is one where you run a comfortable pace, and then pick stretches of the run to increase your speed. It's not a structured sprint workout, just sort of a fun way to get some speed work in. Yesterday's run was a keltraf. I ran a comfortable pace, and then picked stretches to slow down, sometimes even to a walk. I'm pretty sure that's an effective way to work out, right?

With under one mile left, the playlist I was listening to on my iPod ran out, and I debated starting a new one. Instead, I just hit "Shuffle Songs". Out of the 400+ songs on there, what was the very first one that came up?

Artist: Harry Connick Jr.
Album: Come By Me
Song: "Danny Boy"

I laughed all the way home.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hilarious! I love the Muppets! have you ever heard the Johnny Cash version, btw? quite the opposite effect . . .

Dave said...

Nope, never heard that version.