Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What A Difference A Week Makes

Okay, so maybe it won't take as long as I thought to get back in the swing of things. Fencing last night seemed to slow down for me a bit, and I won 4 of 5 bouts. My form is still terrible, though...lucky for me I was taller than most of my opponents.

Today's training was another 20 minute treadmill run. I got in a mile at an 8:30 pace, which went okay. Maybe it's time to start building up a 2 or 3 mile base at 8:30 before I push myself to go too much faster. No shin splints, please.

Also, my fencing club is hosting a tournament on the 18th. In Columbus. On the day of the OSU-Michigan game.

*sigh*

I brought that fact to my coach's attention, and she said she'd try and schedule my event for early in the day so we can be done before the game. (I didn't tell her I'd leave mid-tournament if I had to...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you have your priorities straight!
Mom

Dave said...

She's Russian, if that counts as an excuse.