Monday, November 20, 2006

A Step Forward

My fencing tournament came and went this Saturday before the big game, and it was an improvement over the last official tournament I participated in.

In the opening round-robin format, I won three of my five bouts, with one narrow 5-4 loss, and one 5-1 defeat in which I lost my concentration. That performance left me as the #4 seed in the single elimination tournament format. I received a bye in the first round, but was knocked out in the second round by the #5 seed.

In a match to 15 touches, I fell behind 10-4. I managed to climb back into the match, tying it at 13, but gave up the last two touches to lose 15-13.

Overall, I was a little disappointed not to reach the semifinals, but I realized that it was a step forward from where I stood last year. There's still a lot of room for improvement.

No comments: