Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A New Record

The 5-miler went well yesterday. My previous best (happened to be the same course) was a 50:10, and that 5 miles was the longest I had ever run.

This weekend, I ran a 43:08. Only 7 minutes faster. :)

I also ran a 7 mile long run on Saturday, and managed to keep up with part of Meredith's running group. So, I feel pretty good right now. My legs are pretty tired, though. I think this week will be a challenge.

We also painted a wall in our dining room yesterday. After a year and a half in our house, we finally have one first-floor wall painted!

3 comments:

Val said...

Scott was reading your site w/ a mixture of awe, jealousy & relief that it wasn't him, I think ;) Glad your running is going well!

What color is the wall? And how many more are you two inspired to do now? =D

Dave said...

The color is called "Star Spangled". It's pretty much the blue on an American flag.

I got through most of the touch-up work yesterday, just have to finish the cold air return and maybe a little straightening where the paint meets the baseboard.

As for how many more...we've got other projects in the works, hopefully to be revealed before too long. :)

(I'll see if I can take a picture of the wall and post it for you!)

Val said...

That'd be great! I can't wait to see it. I love that blue! =D

Oh, and I cracked right up at the monkey comment. Even Scott laughed!