Monday, July 19, 2010

Mirror, Mirror

I think I have an evil twin.

Back in college, I wasn't the best at actually keeping in contact with my advisor. Let me rephrase that. I first met my advisor when filing for graduation. Never saw the point in talking to them as long as I was doing okay, I guess. But I was a little shocked when he asked me about all the classes I had failed, and how I had apparently made a big turnaround.

Huh?

After some further investigation, it turned out that there was another David Michael Gordon at Ohio State (go figure!), and he apparently had some issues with actually attending and participating in classes. It got ironed out, and I did graduate on time. What? Lots of people go to school for seven years!



Two David Gordons in this little group? What are the odds?

Fast forward to today. Dave has gotten married, settled down his wild ways, and is trying to refinance his house. But wait! There's a lien on the house. Seems that I've forgotten to pay tens of thousands of dollars in federal and state taxes. Again, I think it will be cleared up since I've never lived in the address where they were field, and I've never even heard of the company who filed one of them. Has evil Dave surfaced again? Will his antics follow me my whole life? If you ever see this man, TURN HIM IN!



Evil Dave (Artist's Rendering)


And bonus points for anyone who gets the title reference. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Original Star Trek episode title. Captain Kirk had an evil twin in this episode, in a parallel universe as I recall.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

That just sucks, I bet the bank is dragging their feet trying to get this cleared up too, hope it gets fixed quick

BreeWee said...

Dave.... ha ha........ sorry, I dont have you email to write you back so I am writing in your blog comment... BUT that song being on your wedding day will have me laughing then entire time it is playing up the volcano, love that song. HOPE you are super!!