Monday, November 02, 2009

Remember Me?

So... Hi. (Awkward!)

I know, I know... I should have called, I just got busy, it's been a crazy couple weeks. (What? Months? Oh.)

Anyway, I wanted to know if you'll take me back. It's just that I'm going to start training again this afternoon and all, and I thought you might want to be part of that. I totally understand if you're hesitant. After all, I did sort of leave you high and dry. You have been waiting, right? Oh, you've been reading other blogs in the meantime? I guess that's okay.

Broken promises? Oh, the promise I made about a recap of the big hiking trip. Yes, I still will do that. I...um...promise.

Where do I see myself in a year? Well, there's the matter of defending my top 10 finishes at the Last Chance 10K and the Lifetime indoor tri. Yes, I really did finish in the top 10! I have no idea how either. And then maybe a return to Muncie? That's always an electrifying race, but last time left me a little flat. What would really be super is a trip to Cedar Point in September! And if it takes a few hours of riding and running to get there, well...so be it.

So you're back in? You want to travel this journey together one more year?

Let's go.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

duh, duh, duh!!!

D said...

Anyone other than the wife paying attention to you still?

Richard Gordon said...

Your parents are still paying attention, but for last few months just as a quick stop on the way to Meredith's blog :)

Doris said...

well - you popped up in my google reader so I guess that's a yes!!

Welcome back :o) I had a few months off too so you're not alone ;o)