Friday, May 22, 2009

Pregame

We made it down to Kentucky, and are hanging out at the hotel after getting some pasta in our bellies.

There was bad news when we arrived: the swim has been cancelled due to bad water conditions. And with it went probably my best event. Just have to make the best of it.

We also had a chance to drive the course. The run has a fair amount of grassy terrain, and a couple flights of steps. The bike course looks a little tougher than anticipated. I knew there was one big hill (and it is big in person), but the rest has some pretty decent roll to it as well. There are even a couple of patches of gravel I'll have to ride through. At least I will know they're coming - glad we drove it.

As for goals, the change in race day have sort of thrown them for a loop. So I'll just leave it at:

1. Finish
2. Have fun
3. Do the best I can under whatever conditions race day brings.

And if all else fails, there's a $25 prize for the last finisher. :)

3 comments:

Molly said...

Good luck!!!!

Liz Waterstraat said...

Dave...I never knew you had a blog? And...I really like it?

Dave said...

Thanks!

And here I thought I just came in 9th on the list of bloggers you coach. :)