Sunday, April 26, 2009

T-Minus 2 Months

Well, I've been a little short on time lately to post.  Wonder why?  :)  Today, I went out for a ride and my rear water bottle cage snapped off.  Um...Profile Designs?  This is two that have broken in the past 12 months!

Biggest Challenge This Month:

Time management.  The miles are piling up, and so are the hours.  Even though the weekdays are reasonable, by the time I'm home from work, train, shower, and get ready for anything else, it's usually 7 or 8 o'clock.  My knee has been feeling gradually better, which I think has been helped by raising my bike seat a bit.  Still not perfect, but not getting worse!

Biggest Success This Month:

My first century ride was a big step toward having confidence in my biking for the race.  What's 12 more miles after going 100?  The course will be much tougher than the 100 I did, but adrenaline has got to make up for that somewhat, right?

The other big success was my latest swim test.  In a 10x100m test, I averaged 1:35/100m.  That's a gain of 9 seconds per 100 over my last test in November!  I also threw in a 1:26 for the first 100, which is a new PR!

How I Feel About Training:

I'm pretty confident in where I stand at this point.  There's still work to do, but I think I can get there, and with the end in sight, motivation is a little easier to come by.

How I Feel About The Race:

Like it might be real, and I might actually have to run it.  (Who knew?)

What's Next?

One last full month of training.  Not sure what's in there, but I can only assume a LOT of stuff.  :)

2 Months Out Theme Song:

In honor of my wife Meredith's performance in the Boston Marathon and my upcoming Ironman, I think this one is appropriate.  She's supported me through all this training, and I really appreciate it.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The training will pay off! Goodluck! I'm checking out that swim site.

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

If it's any consolation, we're all feeling the same anxiety and trepidation of, "Holy Shit...I guess this thing is real!" You're doing great and the efforts and hours will certainly pay off.

Here's to the next two months!!!