Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Beach Bound!

Time for some fun in the sun!

Or maybe rain. And 50 degree weather. And living free and running at 4:29 AM, if the estimated schedule holds true.

Must be time for Reach the Beach! My cold (and then antibiotic-requiring sinus infection) took me completely out of my training plan for about a week and a half, so I'm way behind on the miles I hoped to get in before the race. All those grand plans about speed work? Umm...yeah, not so much.

So, I went out and did 3 miles yesterday, at about an 8:50 pace (without stopping the watch during a couple stretch stops for my stubborn shins). Not a bad pace for my training runs, but I was putting out an awful lot of effort to get there. That has me a little worried for the 7.2 mile run that I kick off with on Friday. At this point, I'll just have to rely on the couple runs longer than that I managed before getting sick. The plan now is just to get in a couple more runs at an easy pace before we leave, and hope for the best.

And if the best includes an OSU victory to cap off Saturday evening, even better! Go Buckeyes!

No comments: