Monday, October 10, 2005

Injured...again.

Here's the bad news: I have yet another injury. This time, it's a stress reaction in my foot. (Specifically, my cuboid bone)



My doctor isn't thrilled about the prospect of me running a marathon on it, but it's either that or throw away all this training. I really want to get through at least one of these things, with all the work I've put in. However, I haven't been able to run consistently for the last month. So, I'm nervous about how this marathon is going to go; moreso because I've never run one before.

In more upbeat news, my four-year-old niece is moving. Or so she's convinced.

"We're moving. Tomorrow. They're tearing down our house."

Um, does your Mom know about that?

"Yes. We're moving. Tomorrow. They're tearing down our house."

Turns out her neighbors are moving, and nobody's house is getting torn down tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I didn't realize it was that big of bone. No wonder the doc is letting you run and told me no. Look how big the cuboid bone is compared to the fourth metatarsal that I broke.

Dave said...

The doc didn't give me any suggestions on supporting it, but I do plan to take the maximum amount of Aleve before the race. :)