Wednesday, July 06, 2005

July 4th updates

We had a busy weekend of the 4th...did the usual fireworks, cookout, etc. We are *almost* done with the patio. Just need to iron out some issues with the steps we bought. The stones they recommended just don't look good at all, so we need to figure out an alternative. More pictures when we do.

Also, we ran a 5k up in Westerville on the morning of the 4th. I woke up feeling kind of sick, and didn't expect much out of it. There weren't any clocks on the course, and I forgot my watch, so I didn't know my pace till the finish. Turned out, I set a new personal best: 24:55. Hopefully DayQuil isn't a banned substance. :)

1 comment:

Val said...

You two are amazing. Running while feeling crappy & on DayQuil... not me, babe! I'd be on the couch =) Guess I'll never be an athlete. That's okay- you two do a good enough job to cover me, too! O=)